Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Header

As you can see I've been playing with the layout of the blog. The header picture I've chosen is the Piazza Anfiteatro in Lucca. This square (more like a round) in the center of old town has existed since Roman times and the back exit still has the original stones from that time.

This painting was done by a very good friend of mine Marie Haws. She's an amazing artist and for those of you who have visited me in Vancouver or Italy (a lucky few have visited me in both places) you've seen many of her works adorn my walls. This particular painting is hanging in Vancouver.

She has recently gotten her own website. Please check out her work at www.mariehaws.com

I'm very proud to own several of the pieces featured in her gallery of work.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hey, I see our chalk board pub sign is on her website. We still adore this sign and agree that it was the best wedding gift!

Winesnob said...

She said it was the best example of all the chalk board signs she's done. I'm glad you guys still love it.